Sunday, November 15, 2009

SLO WEEKEND CRAP.....Adios SLO hello San Francisco.......

we were all planning our escape back down south our last night and i had planned to keep riding up north to the Bay area.............. so while the fellas were all asleep very early the next morning of our departure , I passed thru our room placing a kiss upon all their little sleepy heads and wishing them a safe trip home......precious little sweetfarts. in the wee hours of morning I headed to gas and oil up on this gray but clear start....that lasted a whole 5 minutes and then i drove into the thickest wettest dripping fog and drove for 60+ miles freezing my nuts off. damn it. pulled off in San Ardos and found a cafe run by some real neat folks and sat for over an hour warming up with the help of whiskey in my tea (thanks Ramon) and rummaged thru a garage sale out front of the cafe that Ramon`s wife was having and found a hoodie to slip under my jacket. warm and toasty. 5 minutes into the 101 and heard a loud padang! and the last bolt on my fender fell off and the thing was shakin`. again, fuck, but laughing because of the alcohol. got to King City and asked some fella at a tire shop if there was any m/c shops to wrench my bike. the directions were: follow the main street a little ways, cross the railroad tracks, turn left at the metal shop, big red building is the shop. good deal. perfect directions. looked as if the place was closed as i pressed my face up to the window. next thing i heard was," what do you need?" "a place to wrench my bike". "pull it around back".

the shop is called Ni Choppers....... John, the owner and his brother Mike and brother-in -law were so fuckin cool and helpful, it scared me that people could be so nice. we sat and talked/worked/drank beer for close to 3 hours. got everything buttoned up and asked how much i owed him for his welding and parts etc......."what do you mean?' "c`mon John, seriously". "no worries. listen, here`s my card. i wrote my cell on the back. if you have any problems, I can pick you up in my truck. frisco`s not far away". are you kidding me? after all the man hugs and hand shakes i was off. righteous folks................











No comments: